About the foundation
Active Health Foundation was founded to contribute to “healthy people and a healthy world”. The ethical compass “healthy people and a healthy world” is an ethical reflection and assessment tool for choices to be made.
As stated in the articles of association, the higher goal of the foundation is:
- To make as many people as possible aware of the universal value of health for themselves, their environment, society and the world from an integral perspective.
The sub goals of Active Health Foundation are:
- Achieving the basic requirements for achieving the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) 2015 – 2030 through integral health.
- Creating a basic condition for conscious economic action by means of the value of health: local, social, green and in a social context.
We pay special attention to the SDGs listed below:
• End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture.
• Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.
• Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
• Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
• Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
• Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
As a foundation we aim to achieve social impact and not to make a profit. Active Health Foundation is registered with the tax authorities as a Public Benefit Organisation (Algemene Nut Beogende Instelling; ANBI).